Lilly For Target Gone Wild

Monday, April 27, 2015

Did you attend the #lillyfortarget launch? If you did, bless you. And if you didn't, here's what you missed. This launch was unlike anything I have ever seen, think #blackfriday on steroids and rabid white girls attacking everything. When Bear and I arrived at the first target it was 8:08, he dropped me off at the door and THE RACKS WERE CLEARED. First off, the store had only been open for 8 minuets, and all the little Felicias had attacked. It was almost like they trained for the event by clearing practice racks. So Bear and I left, (side note: Bear is the best fiance in all the land because he team worked with me to get some great stuff even though he didn't really understand what was going on he helped grab the right sizes and also acted as a body guard against all the white women attacking *claps for bear*). Once we arrived the second target my Mom called me with an update of other stores it was a mission for anything and everything we could put our paws on.

I should note that women had like little campfires with their karts in a circle and they were trading merchandise that they hadn't even purchased yet. Some women got into a fight over a scarf and then one woman grabbed a bathing suit out of my hands and then walked away. I was completely speechless.

So the question you are most likely thinking is WHAT DID YOU GET? Well I am no fashion blogger but today I decided to give it a try.



This shift dresses are my favorite they have a ton of little accents that make them one of a kind! (also please not my attempted fashion blogger pose. I tried folks!) 

This dress is my favorite dress! *I repeat* This dress is my favorite dress from the collection. I adore the Upstream print and also the pink accent with the zipper is amazing. (not pictured) The upstream jumper I bought as well. It's currently at the dry cleaners. 



This is a Lilly Pulitzer necklace from years ago, and it opens beer bottles, or coke bottles or whatever has a secured top. 

My mom is the real mvp for finding me these plazzo pants. Seriously, you can dress this babies up or dress them down. 



This romper is  HUGE milestone for me, for years I was too heavy and my shape was too "round" to rock a romper but today I stand here confidently rocking this romper and feeling amazing in it too! 


I also got those shorts and that towel. I am pool ready. This summer I plan on basking by the pool while taking four summer classes because what is your last"Summer" as a college student if you don't bask in the sun with a cold iced tea. 

Did you have any luck with the Lilly for Target collection? 
I want to hear all about it! 

Keep Calm and Carry On 
xoxo 
Melissa 

4 comments:

  1. You did great! I've heard some crazy stories from that and I know a lot of people were too late to get anything, I am super impressed with all you were able to get! Love everything, you look AMAZING girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWIN you look GORGEOUS! ROCKING that fashion blogger life! Also, that first paragraph had me laughing out loud at my desk, because #felicias on the loose! Love you. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn girl you cleaned up! loooookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seee... you're just too cute. looks like you made out like a bandit. I did not participate and was very confused by the whole thing, but oh well

    ReplyDelete