Let's Meet at the Barre

Thursday, January 29, 2015





It's no secret that I am on the #healthyliving lifestyle train, but what you don't know is that ClassPass is now in the Atlanta (metro area as well). Not sure what class pass is?? Click here to find out some of the nitty gritty details!

This past Tuesday I took a leap of courage and braved a class at The Bar Method, and it was one of the BEST experiences of a barre class that I've ever had.While the location is right next to a Chipotle (hello temptation). I resisted the urge and had an amazing time.


When I arrived to The Bar Method they made me feel so comfortable, it can be VERY intimidating walking into a workout class where you know no one and you feel like you're going to be the most out of shape person there. But, that wasn't the case, they introduced me to my instructor and gave me a tour of the whole studio. They even made sure to note if I had any injuries or surgeries so that the workout didn't hurt me. It was a very personable experience!!

As I wandered around I noticed they had this adorable bathroom area (no showers) BUT, they had dry shampoo, facial wipes, hair dryers, a straightener a curling iron and so much more. So, after I worked out I had the option to freshen up before I set foot back out into the world. They also had a COFFEE STATION (all caps obviously needed). So, again after you get some shakes and quakes on you can have some coffee, or tea.



So, onto the class, Ashley (the co-owner of The Bar Method) taught the class. Since the class was smaller, she was actually able to help us with our form and she was able to correct almost everyone when she noticed their form was off. Since it was my first time at this class I am pretty sure I heard my name over ten times, but it made me feel like she actually cared if I was doing the workout right, not only so that I would come back, but so that my body got every single benefit out of the class.


What really made this barre class unique is not only that I felt comfortable but that she pushed us to go that extra inch to achieve a better workout. Sure, I shaked a lot, there was a point where my thighs were literally jiggling like jello, and I felt accomplished once I finished the jiggling exercise because I was pushing my body to change and become more toned and awesome.


I think I am becoming slightly obsessed with Barre, it's really rewarding. A little tip if you take a Barre class, eat a banana afterwards, it will help you not be so sore the next day.

Thank you ClassPass for providing me with this membership this month in exchange for this blog posts. Plus I love ClassPass so much I will be posting more, because there are so many places to try!!

Keep Calm and Carry On
xo
Melissa

7 comments:

  1. I want to try a barre class! That one sounds awesome, it's great that they make you feel comfortable and make sure you are getting the full benefit out of the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try Barre forever!!! A new studio opened up near my office but it is just so expensive for a month of classes that I just can't bring myself to pay it.

    I love that they made you feel comfortable and actually cares if you were doing the work out right or not! That is so important when choosing where to spend your money and your time!! I look forward to following along with your work out adventures. What a fun program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Class Pass sounds awesome, wish we had something like that in Shanghai! Can't wait to read about the other classes you try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure she never STOPPED saying my name when I went. ooooooops

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of Class Pass, and I'm thinking of getting one in Columbus!! I love the idea of being able to try different studios and classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been debating on taking a Class Pass for a while now and it's exactly for the reasons you did! I want to try out these classes like Barre that I am curious about but would never sign up for a full membership without knowing. After reading your post I'm once step closer to being tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for coming to our studio and it was so great to meet you! We love the sweet review. Hopefully we will see you shaking at the bar again soon (:

    ReplyDelete