Getting Designer Clothes With Out The Designer Price

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

As you all know, I love designer brands. Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Hunter Boots, Coach, Lilly Pulitzer, and much more. However I don't really love the designer brand price tag. It makes my wallet cry and it makes me cry. While I'll admit there are some staple pieces that you must pay full price for..the majority of your clothing pieces and accessories can be found at a designer level for a less expensive price.

So here I introduce to all of you my passion: consigning.

Consigning is where people can bring in their unwanted, gently used clothes for people to re-buy them and wear them.

 There are consignment shops for EVERYBODY(it just depends on your personal style)...my personal choice when consigning is finding designer consignment shops. I personally shop at Alexis Suitcase (in Atlanta, Georgia *there are three locations*.
1. Kate Spade. 
2. Michael Kors
3. Banana Republic 
4. Loft
5. Anne Taylor 
6. Jimmy Choo 
7. Tory Burch 
8. Ralph Lauren 
9. Vineyard Vines
10 Lilly Pulitzer 
11. J Crew 
....and so, so, so, much more.
(yes I am aware that some of those brands are not "designer" but they are of high quality, *clothes that last and wear well*).

So, I have been consigning for about three years now (give or take), and my wardrobe has never been happier.
However, there are THREE major rules when consigning (or rules that I made that make consigning a little easier and a little less stressful).

1. Try not go in with an open mind (you can not consign looking for a specific item, you will drive yourself absolutely crazy and you may end up in tears in a dressing room)
2. Not every trip is a winner (I know, this stinks but sometimes you go in and there is just nothing that either appeals to you, or looks good on you).
3. Find a consignment shop that fits your personal style.
 I have been to many consignment shops, *thanks to google* I have been able to find numerous     consignment shops to try. (if you are looking for some to try, take a day and explore the shops in your area! 

So, now for the fun part, here are some of the amazing finds I have found at consignment shops. (listing from top left to bottom right)
1. Ralph Lauren Blazer 
2. Jcrew Sequin Top 
3. Nine West Boots
4. A hodge podge of a consignment shopping trip

1. Michael Kors Sweater (it looks absolutely amazing on) 
2. The Label (because duh!) 
3. A loft tank that can be dressed up or dressed down
4. A Banana Republic Shirt that is perfect for holiday parties

1. A Lilly Pulitzer bag, (brand new)...Rachael had to stop her self from buying it. 
2. A Tory Burch tank top 
3. Me in the magical Kate Spade dress
4. Rachael in the magical Kate Spade dress
(yes that is my twin, Rachael and I wearing an amazing Kate Spade dress that I found!) 
These are just some of the amazing finds that I have come across!! Do you consign, or are you interested in consigning?

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo
Melissa

P.S. You can shop online at Alexis Suitcase as well! Go ahead and browse around! 

6 comments:

  1. What a great post!!! I love this and we MUST go consigning in December! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE consignment shops! It's incredible the deals you find at some stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I am in love with that Lilly bag omg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously though, did either of y'all buy it??? How much was it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish! We stared at it for about 20 mins, lusting over the fact that it was a brand new Lilly bag then walked away. The lilly bag was 50ish dollars (so a pretty good bargain)! I can't believe that we didn't get it. Rookie mistake!

      Delete