Healthy Eats: Burrito Bowl

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I am a huge fan of Chipotle, Moes, and Willies. Really, if it is mexican food, you can bet your bottom dollar I will eat LOADS of it. However, the only one who is semi weight watchers friendly for my lifestyle would be Chipotle, and those $8.00 burrito bowls add up quick! So, I decided to figure out a way to make my own burrito bowl with very low points. So here's the burrito bowl that I think makes a great lunch or even great dinner.

* I know it's not the prettiest picture in all the land but it's absolutely delicious 
What you'll need: 
  • Brown rice - 1/4 of a cup dry [4 points]
  • Chicken cutlets - 4 ounces (or one cutlet) [2 points]
  • Cajun seasoning - however much you want  [0 points]
  • Garlic salt - however much you want [0 points]
  • Black beans - 1/4 of a cup [1 point]
  • Zucchini - however much you want [0 points]
  • Squash - however much you want [0 points]
  • Yellow tomato - however much you want [0 points]
  • Any form of hot sauce [0 points]
  • Pam olive oil spray [0 points]
  •  Reduced fat Kraft cheddar cheese - 1/4 of a cup [2 points]
What you'll do: 
  • Cook the serving size of rice in a pot (you can't mess this part up) 
  • Cube the zucchini, squash, and tomato and place into the lightly coated pam pan. 
  • After browning the vegetables for put the hot sauce on them and finish cooking 
  •  Cube up chicken and put cajun seasoning and garlic salt on the chicken and place in pan and cook on each side for 3 mins 
  • Measure out your black beans and warm them in the microwave. 
  • Assemble the goodness and eat it all with joy and happiness!
Do you have any other fun healthy quick recipes for me to try? 
Keep Calm and Carry On 
xoxo 
Melissa 


2 comments:

  1. Your burrito bowl looks delicious!!! I love making stuff like this at home. Save on money and calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love making burrito bowls at home! They're not quite as good as Chipotle, but definitely less expensive! I make mine with quinoa with lime juice and cilantro, black beans, corn, onions, lots of lettuce, salsa, hot sauce, and a light coat of shredded Mexican cheese!

    ReplyDelete