Don't Forget To Breathe

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Okay, I know we do it basically involuntarily however, we occasionally forget to let our lives breathe. This past week was kind of a week from down under (and not Australia). I was a super stress monster for most of the week, I was anxious, irrational, and basically one big pile of oh dear god what is going on in my life. I was getting all jumbled up with what was going on in life that I forgot to breathe, to take a break and give myself credit.

We all do it, we all forget to take a step back and realize that there is a big picture. I was freaking out over exams, events, my life, and oh more exams and projects. I was getting myself all worked up over things that have easy solutions. So, after an eventful weekend of a fun party, my car breaking down on the highway, and a relaxing Sunday, I sat down with some music and I broke out my Lilly Calendar and I made a list *actually 3*. But, I prioritized my semester and my life.

So what I am going to do for you is give you some help if you are feeling like you are a stress monkey or if you feel like you have a struggle bus ticket (round trip, for life).

1. Figure out what is important to get done and prioritize it .. I know this sounds silly but sometimes we forget to realize that there are things that seem important that are actually
2. Realize that if it is school OR work there is always tomorrow. 
3. Use some sort of planner (and don't neglect it)....personally I live off of my planner and I'd be a lost puppy with out it.
4.  Sit down on a Saturday or Sunday night and plan out your week ... I am that person I plan out things in advance I like to know whats going on in my life.
5. Talk it out ... Friends are always here for you and if you are still in school or if you are working odds are someones riding the struggle bus too (...at least we aren't alone?)
6. Go treat yourself and take a couple hours to relax ...I personally took four days to relax...I still went to all my classes but I spent the rest of the time out of class giving myself a mental break (it was so worth it).
7. Make lists!!! (okay, obviously I am a bit list obsessed) But, real talk they help so much....even if you have one for every aspect of your life for the week ahead. They work folks, I am telling you!

People get busy, life gets hectic, sticky, messy, crazy, stressful, ect. However, what we forget to realize is that there are many ways to tackle a busy week. I have found it's all about having a positive attitude and realizing that I can put anything I put my mind to when I just breathe and realize that I am the list queen.

Stressful weeks and Bad weeks come but what's most important is how we deal with them!

How do you remember to breathe when it comes to your life?

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment