Hey, it's okay....

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Apparently we have all somehow convinced ourselves that having feelings means we are some form of crazy. That having to ask for a favor now means you are inconvenience, needing a shoulder to lean on is now meaning that you are needy, and crying can mean you have some ulterior motive/or your trying to manipulate, if you have a bad week that you some how think people are going to leave you. (now, I realize that we all haven't felt like all of these-- but I know that everyone has experienced at least one at some point in their life).

So, I am here to tell you that it is okay to have feelings and cry and ask for favors, because guess what, we are all human. Yep, we all breathe, we all have hearts that beat, but we also all need someone to help us up from time to time. The miracle of it all is that there will always be someone to help you. 

Somehow or another (especially for girls) we have convinced ourselves that if we have feelings that we are being needy or crazy. (now, lets get something straight, there are actual crazy people in the world...you know the people I am talking about). But, 9 times out of 10 you are NOT that crazy person. You are a human, a person with feelings, a person who needs another person from time to time. 

Recently I have been struggling with this concept, like, what on earth do I do when I have a bad day, I don't want to trouble someone else with my issues - and I will occasionally downgrade what's going on so that I don't have to bother someone else. Personally I have struggled with all of the things listed above. Partially because I don't want to lose what's important to me (but who does), and I don't know how to talk about it sometimes so I just go around in circles until I let it out.

However, I realized, it's okay to let people know whats going on, it's okay to ask for help, and it's okay to fall down. 

Because we all fall down, we all mistakes, we all have bad days/weeks/months/years. However, what we need to realize is that those who love us and care for us, they will stick around, and by needing another person to listen, or to be there for you. That DOES NOT make you needy, it makes you human. We all have our issues, our quirks, or our difficulties. 

Don't be afraid to ask for help, however once you get the help, move on, close your eyes count to ten and start a new day. I hate to say this but hey kids, we only live once so why live it on the struggle bus (too far?....oh well!)

Just because you have feelings, emotions and needs doesn't make you crazy....it makes you human! 

Have you ever struggled with any of the things listed above? Let me know! 

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo 
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. How did you know I needed to read this SO BADLY right now?
    Oh yeah, it's because you're my soul mate. duh.

    ReplyDelete