Inspiration

Sunday, December 15, 2013

As I write this post my room is pretty much in shambles, thanks to a combination of things (finals week, too much clothes *not enough space*, laundry that needs to be done) to be honest most of the mess comes from finals week because it was a week full of lists, lists, oh and more lists (really, it has everything to do with much clothes, not enough space).

Anyways, I started thinking about how I can organize my room again and make it a little different and a little more organized. Which got me thinking about my blog, somehow I was inspired to write a post about organizing my room and how you too can do it and make it fun. This thought got me thinking about how sometimes I don't blog because I lack inspiration at times and I don't want to post about just anything, I want the post to have meaning and thought; not just "look at this! Isn't it cute? You should buy it!" or "did you see this happening in the news?? isn't it cool?". Whenever I post something to my blog it has meaning to me and *I hope* somehow it has meaning to you, or you find it interesting or something or another. 

What I have started realizing is that inspiration comes in all things, it just depends on our outlooks on our days and even our lives. I ended up finding inspiration on my bedroom floor (or my bedroom floor flooded by clothing and magainzes, purses and pillows). 

I've noticed that inspiration can be found in  something so small like a cup of coffee, a bad day or a good day, a stunningly beautiful song, a life event, a new pair of shoes, a messy bedroom, nail polish, and even something big in your life like getting a new job or graduating college. 

Oh how inspiration flows into our lives daily, however inspiration also has to deal with your attitude and your mindset. A while back someone said to me "you can find beauty in anything, nothing is truly ugly, it just depends on how you look at something or someone". That has stuck with me forever and now I am starting to apply it to other parts of my life (like getting inspiration). I've noticed that a cup of coffee could be a good cup of coffee on the go romping around running errands or it can be a good cup of coffee sitting down reading a good book. Both of these situations seem normal or routine however, they can be times for our minds to wander. (I have no idea if this makes sense to you, but it made very logical and flowing sense in my head).

What I am trying to say is that you can find inspiration in almost anything or anyone if you open your mind and think outside of a box (does any of this make sense?) *partially a rhetorical question*. 

I think everywhere I go, and everything I see, recently, has been inspiring to me and I am not complaining. Being inspired is one of my favorite things. It makes my creativeness just fly out of me like those flying monkeys in the Wizard Of Oz. 

Inspiration comes in all forms, it isn't limited in how much you can have or how little you can have, and that's what makes it so wonderful. You never have to limit inspiration, you don't ever have to stop inspiration, it just comes naturally (and sometimes we force it, and that's okay). But what's important is that inspiration happens at the oddest times and at the most convenient times. Inspiration is spontaneous and everyone should embrace the fact that we all get inspired somehow, some way. 

“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” 
― Jack London

How do you get inspired?? 

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo 
Melissa  


No comments:

Post a Comment