Weekend Fun!

Monday, December 16, 2013

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend, since my semester is finally over I spent a lot of time relaxing and reading/playing pokemon. I honestly could not have asked for a better weekend. This past weekend has made me beyond thankful for the life that I have, and the friends and family that I have. 

Friday my mom started her winter vacation so we spent the day going shopping and drinking tons of coffee. We recently went out and bought a keurig and let me tell you this machine is my new best friend. I love it very very much and all of the goodness that it provides. I went and got some awesome coffee to brew in it and I am straight up addicted to this magical machine. I have made less trips to starbucks and I am starting to fall in love with travel mugs and tumblers. 

Anyways Saturday was just perfect, the day started out with my boyfriend and I running a quick errand to the mall (hello traffic). I needed to grab a little something at Nordstrom and I did not want to be in that mall very long. So in for my item then out (no romping around the mall that day!). Then we went ice skating, this was David's first time ice skating and I wish I took some actual videos but I just took some quick snapchats when I was able to!! Let me tell you we had so much fun, it was my first time skating since I had my surgery and I was doing it like a champ, and David really took to not falling down when skating (thank goodness!!). We had tons of fun skating around (or I did), David took some time and sat out while I somehow managed to teach two little kids how to skate.  
 Later on Saturday night we attended a holiday cookie exchange, its a party where people bring six dozen cookies and then sit around and drink all the drinks and eat all the food and leave with all the cookies. It's a fun holiday party idea if you are ever in need of one, plus you get all of the leftover cookies that people don't take home....*yum*. We took some fun pictures in front of the tree at my house and both my parents and David look amazing.




And then after the party we came home and David and I romped out to go bowling and I beat him the very first round! (I never beat anyone at bowling, like ever). So needless to say I was a happy camper when I saw that I beat him, though I wasn't a show off about it, because I knew the next round would be rough for team Melissa. 



Sure enough, as you can see it was a sore bowling match the second, and third time around. (Notice how David changed our names!). It's our cute couple nick names that people either love or hate. (hint, we love it!) 


Sunday was spent doing loads of yard work and it was tons of father daughter bonding time...until after the fact we found out that I was highly allergic to pine straw!!! (note to self avoid pine straw at all costs from now on!)


And before I leave I'm giving you a random selfie. 


 What did you do this weekend?

Keep On and Carry On
xoxo
Melissa

1 comment: