So Long 2013!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Hello Kittens! So since it's the day before New Years Eve I thought I would do one of those fun year wrap up posts.

So this year has been such an interesting but good year. In January I was recovering from knee surgery (I even got a handicap hang tag because I was a gimp!). The recovery was honestly rough, tons of physical therapy and lots of ice.

Most of the year for me was spent changing and growing, if you were to tell me my life would be where it is now in January I would have most likely laughed at you, and walked away. I have met so many wonderful people, a lot of my friendships have grown and I am so thankful that I have so many awesome people in my life.

The spring semester for me was spent doing lots of school things, I was at a school where I didn't really fit in, so I didn't really try. I went to a community college (there's nothing wrong with going to a community college). But, it was more or less a stepping stone in my life than a permanent solution for my education.

Talk about an exciting summer I met my best friend Rachael through this blog it all started with talk of an Erin Condren planner and designer brands. The same day that I met my blogging best friend, and real life best friend, I met this guy, this amazing guy who eventually also turned into my best friend *he even wrote a guest post on my blog about bacon*, I met him and honestly every day with him is so fun, I could sit in a room with him and do absolutely nothing and it would still be a fun day for me. I also worked a fabulous internship for a wedding company doing blog posts, got my very first by line, and tons of experience. Then, towards the end of the summer I found out I was accepted to a four year university! It was the biggest relief in my life, I realized I was finally one step closer to my future.


This past fall semester was full of adventures. I had a lot of fun figuring out my limits and I spent a lot of time on school and a lot of time on my social life.While the semester had a few bumps in the road, it was honestly the first semester in my college career where I made lasting friends who I love hanging out with and talking to. I found out so much about myself by moving schools and making new friends. (and of course new friends to come).

Now, was 2013 perfect??? *goodness no* BUT was it exactly what I wanted/needed? *yes*. I am so happy 2013 was a year where I found my self even more and I am really hoping in 2014 I found out more about who I am and where I am going!

What have you learned in 2013??

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo 
Melissa






No comments:

Post a Comment