How I am prioritizing school and life

Monday, November 12, 2012

Recently I have been thinking of ways to make school and life a bit less stressful. Trying to brainstorm ways for life to be a bit more manageable with out stress and anxiety. And I think a lot of other people wish they could try some of these things and figure it out. So I am going to make a list of ways that have helped me..



1. Have a planner! : I know that some people claim that they can use your phones and if you can great! But actually use it. My planner has everything important in it not just school work it goes from what I need to get done for the day and also my school work and then little things that should be done by the end of the week. It helps me feel like I can cross things off of my day so I know I have accomplished more than I thought. It's giving yourself credit for what you did for the day as well.
I have however found that having a cute planner makes it easier for me to use it...I have a lilly pulitzer planner and adore it. I use the stickers to mark off important days and exams. And I use both the weekly and the monthly. There is so much space to write in the planner and its totally adorable. 
Organized and Cute? Double yes. 


2. Have ME time! : Be selfish for a couple hours or an hour of your day. It helps keep you mentally sane I need a couple of hours to get on tumblr and reblog or watch netflix and tumblr. Or read a book. Anything that I would like to do...I do it. It helps me realize that I can have a life and still succeed at school.

3. Prioritize, Prioritize, Prioritize  Make sure that you do what you need to do first and this sounds like commons sense but sometimes the most important thing is the least fun thing to do but it needs to be done.

4. Also realize that every day is a new day: If one day is a total bust realize that you can still aprricate the good days. Don't take those days for granted they can be the best days that show you that the bad days will end

There is a light to the end of every tunnel no matter how dark. 

Off to do my work now! 
Xoxox
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment