Little details are sometimes the most important

Sunday, June 2, 2013

So sometimes I get so caught up in the big picture of everything that I forget that there are all of these little things that are just as important


Imagine if life was just based on the big events that happen to us....our lives would be so boring and honestly kind of depressing and uneventful...minus the far and in between significant and large moments.
The little things in life keep us on our toes and make us appreciate all that is around us.
It's not that the big things aren't important but they happen in longer increments of time.
When you look back on lets say the past week there were probably a lot of little things that happened that equated to you having a better week.

I find that there are always little things that I can do especially for myself that automatically put me in a good mood.

Here's a mini-list..(in no particular order)


  1. Paint my nails
  2. Take a bubble bath
  3. Go to the gym
  4. Knit 
  5. Drink a nice cup of tea or coffee
  6. Listen to some of my new (or old) favorite music
  7. Read a good book
  8. Cuddle with my dog
  9. Catch up with friends
  10. Work on my book (where's my other shoe)
While these are not all of the little things that make up my week they are some of my favorites. Sometimes I forget that just because big events are fun and exciting like getting a new car, getting accepted into a new school, getting a new job, and so on; they happen every once in a full moon and I can't sit around waiting for the next big thing.  So it's important to not get too set on the big moments/things because the little moments/things at the end of the day make up more than they appear.

The little things show us how to appreciate every day life and live in the moment. Sometimes the little moments matter more than the bigger moments in time. 
 
"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen" --John Wooden 
 
Do you prefer the little moments or the big moments? 

Keep Calm and Carry On. 
xoxox
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment