Lets talk about blazers

Saturday, June 1, 2013

So I know way back in the day, women wore blazers...but they were well....a tad ugly. Whoever decided that shoulder pads were a good thing, one could say they were a bit disabled. I mean what purpose did they really serve? Broader shoulders? Protection from things falling down from the sky...? I have no idea. They were just not a good idea.

Anyways...recently I have been noticing this trend of blazers and I have to say...I love it. I am a girl who also loves cardigans but blazers are getting up on the list of staple items every closet should have.

You can dress a blazer up and make it professional or you can make it a casual Saturday outfit or even a date outfit. Making blazers an amazing staple to a wardrobe. Recently, I went to Jcrew  (one of my favorite stores) and they were having a sale worth writing home about. I found this PERFECT blue and white striped blazer. It is classy and nautical all at the same time. plus it was the perfect price of $30...talk about a Jcrew bargain. I felt like I had found the gold at the end of the rainbow.

Anyways I think I am falling in love with it more and more every day because I am finding that it goes with so much more than I thought. And, thank goodness blazers now a days do NOT have shoulder pads.

p.s Picture to come of it with a couple of fabulous paired outfits! Keep your eyes peeled! 
xoxo
Keep Calm and Carry On. 
Melissa 


No comments:

Post a Comment