Under Pressure...

Friday, May 24, 2013

So the past couple of weeks I feel this pressure to figure out exactly what I want to do with the rest of my life.
Where I want to end up when I graduate.
I feel pressure not only from within myself but from people surrounding me.
I am almost positive that I know what I want to do with life, I am confident with myself however there are decisions, choices, lists, and fears of what is to come.
I catch myself waking up in the morning making a list of all the things I should get done for the day.
I feel like I should be able to figure this out in a weeks time.
I fell like I should know exactly what I want to do.....right now. Like. Right. Now. Not in a month or a year but now.
I feel like there is this pressure for me to make up my mind, am I sure I want to keep my major, do I want to switch my major? Do I want to stay in Atlanta....do I want to move somewhere when  I graduate.
When I graduate will I be able to find a job?
I feel like one of those girls who are planning out their wedding and their life with a guy they just met. I feel like I am entering a slippery slope of what-ifs.
What-ifs are one of the most dangerous things. They can cause you to second guess. They are a bit like candy...or a bag of chips once you have one what if there are about 15+ if not more that come after it.

I also feel pressure to just know everything, and not everything scholastically but in regards to life. It's a maze that I yet have not been able to figure out. I am always unsure of what life entails next for me. And somethings that scares me...majorly. I like to be one....or ten steps ahead. So To not know whats coming next and feeling the pressure to figure it out can be a bit overwhelming.

However I don't know that I have to have it figured all out right now, I think thats the joy and magic of life you never know what turns and twists life is going to take.
You just have to jump on the crazy ride and see what twists and turns life gives. You never know truly where you are going to end up, so enjoy life and try to do what you love...I am guessing thats what really makes the difference.

Do you feel pressure to have it all figured out?  What do you do to realize you don't have to have it all figured out right now?

When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.

-Peter Marshall 

Keep Calm and Carry On.
xox
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment