Just because it has a title does not mean its true.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Relationships are not so easily defined but through out our life they start to mean different things:
If you were to ask 16 year old me what a relationship was all about I'd tell you that it's just supposed to be the frills, and going to movies with someone and being able to say oh look that's my boyfriend. 
as if I was merely searching for a title.
However, a relationship is like finding the ray of sunshine at the end of a very dark tunnel.
In order to have a successful relationship you have to love your self....like really love yourself not just say you do. I know I used to say of course I love myself! But then I'd find something wrong with me, my hair, my personality, ect. It was like there was a lack of acceptance.
Then one day it was practically magic, I realized I loved all the little things about myself and that they made me unique and sure I am a bit of a workaholic, sure I am quirky, but I accept and love those things about myself.
This is my step one to finding and maintaining a successful relationship.
The second is finding someone who is my best friend and my boyfriend.
Sometimes people are looking for the title, the status what ever you want to call it. Yeah it's nice to have, but at the end of the day there has to be friendship, someone who knows that you don't like it when someone puts their phone in their bra like its a pouch, come on ladies lets have some class. Your phone stays in your hand, in a purse or in your jeans back pocket...but your bra...come on! He needs to be able to watch a show with you and just be. It's not about the title its about the team effort and the companionship. It's about being able to sit in complete silence and not feel uncomfortable.
The title is merely a title, that's like taking on the CEO of a company for the title and not doing any work to get there or while maintaining your very high position in a company.
You can't just sit around being CEO of a company there is work that comes with this "title".
Which is why a relationship is work not just a title.

"The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends" -- B.R. Ambedkar


Are you in a relationship? Are you guys best friends and a couple? Just things to think about. Or if you aren't in a relationship what do you want out of one what do they mean to you?


Keep Calm and Carry On.
xoxo
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment