Monday Madness

Monday, January 27, 2014

Hey all you sassy cats! It's Monday, so grab a cup of coffee and smile because we are four days away from Friday. This weekend was spent doing a little shopping, and a lot of relaxing. I spent time with my grandparents who are in town and we explored the outlet mall near my house and I found this wonderful gem at Kate Spade! I leaped for joy because it has two wonderful compartments and the color is simply wonderful (oh and the price was pretty much a steal!)

This past week I was loving a lot of different things so this week it was hard to narrow it down to five. 

1. My first thing I am loving is the movie frozen. I don't think you understand how many times I have been singing "do you want to build a snowman" with one of my best friends (and annoying my boyfriend with it). I even found other ways to make the song applicable to living in the south. Like do you wanna build a leaf mannn (since we don't get snow). *I tried* 
(you should totally watch this). If you haven't seen the movie it's a must see and if you have seen the movie I think we can agree that you can watch it over and over again and it just gets better and better. (I watched it two times on Thursday (but with two different people)). 

2. Monograms: Now, this is not a new thing that I am obsessed with or loving but recently I have been finding tons of things that look so adorable monogrammed. (did you know you can get your Lilly Pulitzer planners monogrammed? I wish I knew about this at the beginning of fall semester! (all of my binders for school are monogrammed and it's perfect and fashionable!) 



3. This song is really simply wonderful! When I first heard it I got really excited because it's one of those inspirational songs that really keep you going during a study/reading session for school. 
It's one of those songs that really keeps you going but doesn't distract you from reading (which makes me really happy!) 

4. This quote has been on my mind as well this past week. By Jon Stewart
This is something that has really  been testing me this past weekend and week. However I have managed to keep calm and carry on. I believe in certain things and I have certain beliefs and I refuse to let another person influence my beliefs and values because they believe I am not doing "well" in life or that I am not level headed in their eyes. 

5. Eos Chapstick: Good lordy this product is beyond addictive and it makes your lips extra soft. With this cold weather this is an item that I keep in my purse at all times. If there's one thing that annoys me more than anything its chapped lips. Chapped lips just aren't pleasant. Also not that you should be eating chapstick but the stuff smells (and tastes amazing). 



That's it folks! 


What are you loving this week? 

Keep Calm and Carry On 
xoxo 
Melissa 



3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna kick off this conversation! So I finally broke into my Sperry Topsides, and they're starting to feel more comfortable. I enjoy that they don't have a milk stain on them and they make me look cool at work. I'm also loving some new mods I found last night that make my games resemble Pokemon. I'm going to try them out tonight, and I'll see if I Love them! I'm also on a Teddy Graham binge (save me). And I'm loving you and this post!
    -bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that EOS Chapstick! The only down fall, is my cats decide that its a toy for them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!! Your new Kate is to die for- and yes, MONOGRAM ALL THE THINGS!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete