Six Things That You Don't Know About Me

Friday, August 16, 2013

I thought I would do a little fun activity that my best friend Rachael tagged me in! So I am going to answer SIX questions about me! Dive in with me! 
1.  Why did you start blogging?? Well, okay. I started blogging because I love writing. I find myself coming up with all of these little ideas that I think "wow, that's going to make a great blog post!!" . I feel like part of me just woke up one morning and said I am going to create a blog today! I remember when I created Daily Chaos I was so excited just to do it for myself. (part of me still blogs for myself as well). And  when I find out people read my blog and enjoy my posts it makes me so happy! 

 2. What's the best piece of advice anyone has given to you?? Well, it is actually signed at the end of each of my posts. "Keep Calm and Carry On". I know it's like a trend right now, heck I could go to a boutique and find ANYTHING that says keep calm and carry on with a Union Jack flag. But this is a motto that I keep in my head at all times. There have been so many situations where I was border line freaking out about something that in the grand scheme of things was not that big of a deal. The quote allows for me to have some sort of acceptance (I know, weird right?). I am also going to bend the rules a little bit and give you one more tidbit of advice that I received. Whenever things go wrong or I get stressed out over a ten page paper, a exam that I have, or anything that could seem important. I tell myself "Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill". My mom actually told me this tid bit when I was starting off college and I was stressing out over feeling like I didn't have enough time in the day to get every assignment done. I was stressing major, but one day she sat me down and she said "Melissa, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill"  and at the time I looked at her like she was crazy but, two semesters ago I realized that again, in the grand scheme of everything one test, one paper, or one assignment was not THAT important. They were little mole hills that I was crossing over.

3. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Well, I love reading, writing in my journals, finding little hole in the wall coffee shops where I can blog, blogging (obviously), hanging out with friends, and finding new restaurants to try (I am a slight foodie). 
4. Tell us something we don't know about you. I knit!! (I feel like I am having one of those highschool musicals where they are all confessing their guilty pleasures...and the one guy says I BAKE! I have been knitting since I was 13 and I love doing it! I find it so relaxing and it's a perfect thing to do when I am sat at home on a rainy night while watching TV! 




5. What's something you love about yourself? I can talk to almost anyone, about anything. I love that I am outgoing and can meet people easily. (granted I have met my fair share of creepy people). I can easily relate to people, and carry conversations. (snaps for Melissa)! 

6. If you could meet any blogger in person, who would you choose? I desperately want to meet Carly of College Prepster. Her blog has seriously been a life saver for me. Countless times when I feel sad or I feel under the weather I just go through her blog and read posts and I don't feel so bad! (if I had a blogger spirit animal she would be it!) 
Okay! So now it's your turn! Answer six questions and post them on your blog! (the questions are below!!) 

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo
Melissa



1. What's the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
2. If you could meet any blogger in person, who would you choose?
3. Blogs you're loving right now?
4. What's your biggest struggle in life?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What's something you love about yourself?
7. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
8. Tell us something we don't know about you.
9. Who inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment