Taking Chances

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy Hump day friends!

I hope you guys are all having an amazing day!

I don't know about you, but taking chances can be pretty nerve wrecking. Sometimes we have to take chances in life and we have no idea where it's going to take us.

It's like jumping onto a moving train with no idea where you are actually headed with twenty dollars in your pocket. Recently I have been realizing that I need to start moving out of my comfort zone, and I need to start pushing myself to try new things, and push myself to realize that it's okay to not be good at something as long as you try. I am not saying try everything you find or everything you come across (that's a lot and honestly there are some things that may either hurt you (like bungee jumping) or things you aren't capable of (like eating 50 wings in one sitting. *side note I've eaten 26 wings in one sitting*).

Real talk I have been learning how to play pool and its a bit of a struggle but I am not giving up. I am determined to learn how to hit the ball in a straight line with enough momentum to get into the socket thing. (I know I am SUCH a pool expert!)

So, I decided at the beginning of this week that I am going to start trying new things and I am going to start pushing myself to be a better person physically and mentally. I am taking chances getting my future in order (preparing for my big girl job), I am going to start getting more in shape, I am going to try all sorts of new things and I am going to start filling out job applications and writing all the cover letters.

I am  little afraid but I know that taking chances and taking risks will benefit me in the long run, because what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and what ever you succeed at still makes you stronger. (basically kiddos its a win-win!)

Just don't get too discouraged when  you aren't good at something or if you fall off the moving train in the process. (realistically you would be seriously injured, but in theory just hop back on that train and start trying all the things!)

So try new things and take some chances; lets take an adventure on the train that has no destination and get off when we feel like we can hop on a new train to try new things!

Are you taking any new chances???

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment