What A Weekend

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hey there all you sassy people!

It's Sunday which means it's time to prepare for the week ahead and that's defiantly what I am doing tonight, PLUS tons of studying for a statistics test I have tomorrow. 

This past week honestly was not my week, real talk, it was stressful, I was snowed in (even though there was no school there is honestly only so much laying in bed a girl can do before she starts to get restless!), I had to forgive and forget, and I was involved in a hit and run accident (with honestly minimal damgae, but it was still pretty freaky!), and on valentines day none the less (come on universe cut me a break please?). But despite all of the events, I managed to keep my head high, I dusted myself off and I said to myself "close your eyes count to ten and breathe, you can start this day over" and that's exactly what I did. 

During the middle of this past week I was feeling very discouraged, I felt like all of my classes were going to intertwine and I was going to have tons of tests back to back and no time to truly get down to it and study, I keep on wanting to just graduate and get moving with my life, I want to have an income and I want to be able to provide for myself. 

However, I am truly blessed I am well taken care of by my parents for the time being, I have a roof over my head and my college is paid for and I am getting done a lot faster than if I had a job. I realize that I am truly blessed with amazing parents, amazing friends, and an amazing boyfriend. 

So getting back to the weekend shanoodlegins (I totally made up that word just now.) 

Friday of course was an interesting day, I got rear ended and left ( to the  jerk that hit my car and drove off, karma is a real thing and I really hope you know that). But it was Valentines Day and it was the best Valentines Day I've ever had, no joke I wouldn't have had it any other way. David and I ate Chinese food, watched house of cards and played Mario Kart. 
David got me these lovely roses and they are just lovely, I totally wasn't expecting them and when he told me he got me roses I felt like the luckiest girl in the world! 


And of course Bombshell and her injuries, not too bad but still she's looking rough. But hey, she's one of a kind and I think shes wonderful! 

My stat professor is probably way better than any math professor you'll have. Honestly is this not just adorable?

And of course my Mom and Dad are the best Valentines as well, the card was probably my favorite part of their gift. (who doesn't love a tutu doggy?) 
Even David's parents got me this adorable chocolate roses bouquet (its so precious, and pretty I don't even want to eat it!) 

Saturday David and I went out to his parents and it was a blast visiting with them, and hanging out with their adorable dogs. Davids momma and I even went out shopping and I splurged on this adorable Lilly Pulitzer pancho. (only $30...winner winner chicken dinner) 
(the best dog ever, next to Scotchie *my baby*)

It's more flattering in person but I had to include a picture!! 

And I finished off the weekend with Chipotle and a Starbucks Skinny Caramel Macciato (with extra caramel *a mountain of caramel!* 

Now it's time for laundry, and studying, and planning out the week ahead. 

What did you do this weekend? 

Keep Calm and Carry On 
xoxo 
Melissa



2 comments:

  1. That Starbucks looks delicious and reminds me that.. I totally forgot to get starbucks today! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that poncho! Can't wait to see you rock it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete