Relaxation and Simplicity

Sunday, July 20, 2014

This weekend has left me feeling magical and refreshed. I can honestly say that I feel good coming into this week (especially because school is over for me on Wednesday!).

Anyways, friends as you may have read, it was mine and Bears one year anniversary Friday and it was absolutely wonderful. I could not have asked for a more perfect celebration.

It really summed up our relationship, David did have planned a fancy dinner at this fancy restaurant but I didn't want him spending a ton of money and since I am trying hard to lose weight I didn't want to go crazy eating at a buffet style restaurant (I can be such a child). But, he did come home Friday with Roses in hand, and my mom being the absolute gem that she is got us a balloon and a cake.
(please note: the cake did say Happy 1 year anniversary, but a bear was foraging through the fridge and ate part of the cake. The bear who ate this cake has yet to be identified.)

We have been teaching my mom how to play Magic the Gathering (a wonderful card game you should also learn how to play). So we went to Friday Night Magic and played each other while Bear kicked some serious butt. 
Homegirl kicked my butt. For a beginner, that's pretty impressive. 
So, this is a true story kids. David and I got each other the same type of gift. The only difference was the size and how many pictures were put together. When I found out we made each other the same gift when I opened it, I thought to myself "this boy knows me incredibly to well". We of course had to take a picture of it, because duh it's our one year and I felt like if I didn't take a picture of this moment, I'd be a silly human. 
This week salads have been my go to lunch and dinner, they are seriously so addicting. Plus I can have all the lettuce because it's ZERO POINTS. GIMME ALL THE LETTUCE. 

Annnyways, how was your week/weekend?! I want to hear all about it!

Keep Calm and Carry On
xoxo
Melissa

This week I am so excited to be co-hosting the Weekly Wrap-Up Rachael and Lisa!






The Rachael Way

7 comments:

  1. That is SO CUTE that you made each other the same present!! Your mom seems so sweet to get you guys that cake, too. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THAT CAKE. Also, love you bears. Can't wait to see you soon. You're my favorite human.
    K BYE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I love that you got each other the same type of gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so cute I love that yall got each other the same gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cake. Give me all the cake!
    And it is so cute that y'all got one another the same gift. :-)
    You guys are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! How funny that you 2 got each other the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Those roses look beautiful! I came across your blog through the link up and I'm so glad I did! I love pugs too! :)

    ReplyDelete