Switching Schools!

Friday, July 19, 2013

I am so excited to start school in the fall (okay, okay I know that sounds dorky) but here's why!! 

So for two years of my college experience I went to a community college...near my house. The tutiton was cheap and I wanted to get my feet on the ground (there is nothing wrong with admitting that you need a little more time to figure yourself out). And that is exactly what my community college experience allowed me to do. 

While I would not tell anyone to go to the community college I went to I owe it my thanks and praise. Not because of the education I received but because it basically forced me to learn how to be alone and be at peace with myself. The school I went to was not the sort-of place you want to make friends unless you are really into partying or you don't have a lot of life goals (I know it sounds awful). But, I found it so hard to be alone and in the process I found out who I was as a person because I spent so much time alone. 

I found myself and what I wanted out of life thanks to the community college, I got more in touch with myself. I found self respect, confidence, and I was able to revisit times in my past that I wanted to learn from. 

While I did not want to go to this school I learned more than textbook knowledge. I also made one really good friend from this school who had the same life goals and we talk almost daily and I am so thankful that I was able to make one solid friend from a school full of people that make me cringe! 

Anyways, thanks to this school I was able to transfer to a four year school (Kennesaw State University) where I will be finishing out my college degree and I am so, so, so, so excited!!!...oh and nervous!! Go Owls! 



But I am more excited than anything I have never felt more prepared to start a new adventure.

Did you transfer schools or are you planning to transfer schools? Tell me about it below! 

Keep Calm and Carry On! 
xoxox
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment